Next: Addition of the numbers
Using two simple expressions we will follow step by step the
evaluation of an addition and a multiplication to get a deeper
understanding of the constitutive principles of A++:
abstraction, reference, synthesis, lexical scope and closure.
Detailed Discussion of Addition and Multiplication
The process of evaluating lambda-expressions is just the
opposite of programming:
- Programming consists mainly of
- defining abstractions,
- referencing these abstractions and
- combining abstractions by performing a synthesis.
- In the process of evaluation the essential steps are:
- substituting references of abstractions by the abstractions themselves and
- performing a synthesis of these abstractions with their arguments.
Georg P. Loczewski